Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Beautiful Creature

A week ago Sunday I had doors and windows open to let in the spring air and a beautiful creature hobbled in with it. Skin and bones and fur and tangerine, it was an ancient stray cat looking for a soft place to rest one last time. I nursed him along as best as I could but I was no match against the time it spent on this earth and the ravages taking place inside its delicate body. Everything was failing this beautiful creature; sight, hearing, balance, hips but not it's beautiful meowing mixed with endless purring. It talked purr.

I don't know where it came from, crept out from a foreclosed property or deplorible condition somewhere but it found me. It knew the angels were in the presence others can't see. It knew it would have love one last time in this realm before going to the next. And it knew it wasn't going to be much longer before angels would come to get it.

Rest in peace beautiful creature. You brought tremendous love with you and I was honored to love you for a few days in return. You are a beautiful angel.

Heshe Tangerine RIP 4/24/12



No comments:

Post a Comment