Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Are Archangels a Company?

It happened again yesterday. Someone said to me, "I don't know Archangels. Where are they located?"

I'm used to it now. My eyes don't roll in weird directions any more but people have said this to me time and again as if The Archangels is a company or a building somewhere. The first time it happened I couldn't help laughing. I thought it was a joke I was supposed to get until I looked over to the person who asked and saw how serious he was.

It was casual conversation. He asked, "What do you do?"
I replied, "What do you mean?"
"You know, for work."
"Oh," I said. "I thought you knew. I work full time with the Archangels."

He begins to nod as if remembering who I am. I know this person goes to church. In fact, we were standing right outside church doors after an event so as I watched him nodding I thought he was getting it. I thought everyone there knew my work so I expected a totally different next question from what he said.

"I don't know what they do," he replied. "Are they a company? You know, with offices?"

I was like, wow, though scrambled to gather a response in less than 30 seconds. He's a very nice person after all, but it was my first time posed with that response. The first of many to come so I would learn.
Respectfully yet joyously I replied, "Yea. They're a company. You know, for Heaven."

And I swear I saw the lightbulb illuminate over his innocent head. Diinng!

From that day to as recent as yesterday, this is the work that I have, that the Archangels and I have, before us to change or influence perspectives. More people should be embracing and speaking more openly about these Miraculous Beings. Archangels and Angels should be part of everyday conversation like in meeting a freind for dinner or in real offices with cubicles.

Imagine this:

CoWorkers come in the morning, drop their items at their cubicle space, flip on their computers and head to the coffee pantry for morning brew. Others are there. Talking about their commute, the weather, the reality show or game on TV last night, and angels.

"So hey," one could say. "How was your drive in to work this morning? Mine was brilliant. For the first time in weeks the school buses were behind me! My angels kept me moving right out the door today."

CoWorker could reply, "Oh man, yea I hear ya. My angels made me late on purpose this morning and man was that great. I saw the long line of draw bridge traffic and turned right instead of getting sucked into it which also worked out because on the other side of the bridge was this huge accident that kept all those people later. I would have totally missed my conference call this morning."

Ahh, I say. The work awaits me . . . us. And yes, the Archangels are a company. A Company of Heroes.



No comments:

Post a Comment